Monday, March 22, 2010

National Day of Quilting


On Saturday, my guild The Common Threads Quilters of Long Valley NJ celebrated by gathering at the Fairmount Presbyterian Church and sewing charity quilts all day. There were about a dozen of us and it was fun to sew, chat, laugh and make something for deserving needy kids. Here's my quilt top that I completed in about 6 hours. The points don't match as well as I'd like but the kit was not as accurately cut as I would have done. Everyone kept reminding me that the kids don't care if the points match!



The other nice thing that happened later that day was my daughter was champion at a horse show at Palermo Stables in Bedminster. She showed one of their lesson horses named Dreamer who a few months ago nobody wanted wanted to ride because he was so difficult. The owner of the farm paid her a nice compliment. He said, "You really understand how to ride this horse." Here they are in action over one of the jumps. Thank goodness for her sister's camera with the telephoto lens. I was at least 100 feet away from this fence at the far end of the ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment