Friday, August 8, 2014

Baby Quilt for Leah's First Niece

These are the finished blocks for a baby quilt I'm making for my riding instructor Leah to give to her first niece who is due to arrive next week. She is extremely excited about the baby and very excited about the quilt.  She picked out the design and fabrics with guidance from me.  The offset blocks are a little out of my comfort zone but she chose them because they remind her of a tartan plaid.  She picked the focus fabric that I fussy cut for a wide variety of nursery animals.  Her plans are to use the motifs as a vehicle to tell stories with her niece when she gets older.  I love being part of making this amazing idea "materialize." The blocks will be sashed in white with a scrappy multicolor border.

No comments:

Post a Comment