Thursday, December 3, 2009

Crocheting Supercedes Knitting Again!

While I was in Michaels's last week scoping out candles and mirrors for wedding centerpieces, I saw this beautiful yarn. It is Red Heart Super Soft and it feels like silk! I bought 4 skeins without knowing what I was going to make. I just knew I had to have it.


When I got home, I found this pattern in a Crochet magazine I bought last Summer. It is going much faster than the knitting did so I have decided that crocheting is not inferior to knitting and I will crochet more and stop trying to knit all the time. This is also an interesting stitch that doesn't look like all single crochet. You single crochet in ch 1 spaces between each sc.








I also got this free pattern for an afghan. I have no clue when I will ever get to it but I liked it because it looks like a quilt block pattern instead of all those granny afghans we used to make in the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment