Thursday, December 10, 2009

I thought I was having a stroke!


Yesterday after school I started seeing this strange visual anomoly in the lower left of my visual field. It was similar to the after image you see when you look at a bright light only it was a curved line with zig zags and it didn't go away for about 20 minutes. I had a splitting headache afterwards so I took Advil and went to bed. I thought it was just a freak, but I started seeing it again as I was driving to school this morning. Now I'm getting really freaked out. How can I be healthier and fitter than I've been in a long time and now I'm getting a stroke??!! It turned out to be an aura from a migraine. I've had migraines in the past but never had an aura or even heard of them. Mine was quite tame compared to some of the pictures I discovered on the net as I was researching migraines. This one is a full oval, mine was only one quarter of this but still pretty scary. I hope I don't get too many more, but at least next time I won't think I'm about to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment