Monday, March 8, 2010

Mancuso Quilt fest of NJ VI

I have been to this show a number of times before but this was the first time on a Saturday. The difference in attendance was really noticeable. The booths were so crowded I could barely move in some of them. It was also very difficult to photograph the quilts I wanted to because there were multiple people in each little stall looking and scrutinizing the workmanship. Here's what I managed to photograph. I apologize to the quilt artists because I didn't have a pen with me to record their names or the titles of the quilts.


This was one of the best in show quilts. I couldn't even get near the other to take a picture.










Naturally I liked this one with the horses and this swirly one still has me wondering how did they do that?


I'm having trouble with formatting. The text will not go where I want it to. The quilt above on the left was like an illuminated manuscript. What an unusual idea! The one on the right was a kaleidoscope quilt similar to the ones I have been obsessed with lately. This one was all 6" blocks where mine have been 10" blocks. Lastly, I was amazed by this forest of trees quilt. The point of view was so innovative, not just looking out at a landscape scene. There were many other quilts that the workmanship would absolutely knock your socks off. Very inspiring! Next one to look forward to is the state show in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment