Tuesday, March 22, 2011

National Day of Quilting


I spent the National Day of Quilting again this year making charity quilts with my guild, The Common Threads Quilters of Long Valley. This is the top I completed in one day. As I began sewing for the day, my machine sounded absolutely horrible. I thought it was damged beyond repair, it sounded so bad. Luckily, master quilters Lynn and Leanna advised me and it was purring in no time. All it needed was a little oil. Leanna showed me how to take the bobbin case apart in a way that I didn't even know was possible. That's one thing I love about being in a guild, I always learn new things from the amazing members of the group. I'm ashamed to admit I still haven't quilted the top I made last year on this day. I'm committing now to quilt both as soon as I finish the chuppah.

No comments:

Post a Comment