Monday, April 18, 2011

Hebrew letters appliqued




These are the letters for the line from Song of Solomon, "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." They will go across the front flap of the chuppah with wine glasses and grapes on either side. I couldn't fit them all in one picture from side to side. I keep thinking and placing them from left to right like English but they are actually written and read from right to left. The alef (the one that looks like an X) is the first letter in the sentence.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am making my daughters Chuppa, is there anyway I could get a copy of these to applique onto the chuppa?
    Patti Kaplan
    pkaplan@wi.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - Mazel Tov on your completed huppah!

    I am also making my one for my daughter's wedding, and wonder if you are able to share information on the lettering.
    Thank you in advance.
    Deb
    dpfeiffer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete