Monday, July 18, 2011

Flower inspiration


I absolutely hate to garden but I love flowers. I think it's because it takes huge amounts of time and most of the flowers only bloom for a couple of weeks and they're gone. In contrast, when I spend a lot of time making a quilt, I have it to look at and enjoy for a significant period of time. Thankfully, my husband gets a rush out of growing things as well as training horses. This is the flower garden he planted outside my kitchen window. It is especially amazing to me this year. There are birds that come and perch on the echinacea and the other evening, I observed a half dozen butterflies of three different species in the garden at one time. This morning when I looked outside, there was even a hummingbird hovering over the flowers. Here are some pictures I hope to use as inspiration for an art quilt in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment