Friday, July 31, 2009

One Block Wonder finally finished!

I started this quilt in March of '09 so I am really glad to have it a done deal. I didn't want to do the same old stippling on the border that I usually do so I tried a different free motion pattern which is in the picture on the left. It's sort of a zig zag in a 9 patch configuration. The other picture on the right is a closeup of one of the hexagonal blocks. The flowers made me think of the '70s flower power symbol so I tried to use that motif only I doubled it.










Here's a picture of the quilt on the bed in the small bedroom at the shore house. I didn't have anywhere to put it at home and I didn't want to just fold it up and put it in a box. My husband likes the quilt but hates the pillow. He says its "old lady flowers."


The picture below is of some applique pillows that I made last year for another bedroom at the beach. I really love sand dollars as a motif and I drew the seahorse myself which was pretty amazing for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment