Monday, June 6, 2011

Chuppah update

I got my new digital camera so here are the pictures from last week and the updates for this week. The first is the back panel with gold stippling and pomegranates and the ties that will secure the chuppah to the poles. There are 4 altogether, one for each corner. The quilting is difficult to see because it is in gold thread but it looks good in person. This panel will be on the back of the chuppah so no one will see it anyway. Next is the closeup quilting of the pomegranate leaves and flowers. I was really pleased with how these came out. All that is left to be done is putting the blue cord around the top edge and sewing it all together. The best thing about a big project like this is the big rush I know I'm going to get when it's done and the even bigger rush when I see the picture of the bride and groom getting married under it!

No comments:

Post a Comment