Monday, June 13, 2011

Chuppah almost there


Over the weekend I made great progress toward finally finishing the chuppah and I can feel the rush of completing a project starting to set in! The top looked amazing when I finished the stippling with the blue varigated thread, but when I started to put the gold braid frame around the star, it really hit me how beautiful this thing is going to be when it's done. All that is left to do is assemble the components which is nothing compared to what has been accomplished already. I'm hoping to use my new embroidery machine to make a label. I was never big on documenting, but if this survives a couple of generations, this piece definitely deserves to have that info known. The pictures really don't do it justice, but I'm posting them anyway. I'm starting to get emotional envisioning the bride and groom standing under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment